[rescue] Re: 224 mhz sparc 20?

Mike Johnson mike at enoch.org
Wed Jul 31 08:57:23 CDT 2002

James Lockwood [james at foonly.com] wrote:

> Many had 1MB (such as the 142MHz).  The double-width card looks like a
> FDDI or CDDI board to me, though I can't be sure.  There's no mention of
> it in the bootup messages, though a cgsix is mentioned.

It does indeed look like a card with two optical ports, of some sort.

> FWIW, this system is probably on par CPU-wise with a fast Ultra 1.  It's
> probably not worth the $450 for raw power, but if you're into collecting
> Sun-related oddities...

I had pondered it, because I'm looking for a really fast, single CPU
Sparc.  The 5/110 just isn't cutting it.  Though, I may be getting a
free 5/170 in September.  Maybe the 110 can hang until then.

Of course, I can't afford to spend $450 right now, anyways.

Mike
--
"Let the power of Ponch compel you!  Let the power of Ponch compel you!"
   -- Zorak on Space Ghost