[rescue] UPS rescue, now what?

Koyote koyote at koyote.cx
Tue Jul 30 23:24:35 CDT 2002

Okey, so I got the 2 UPS units from Hades. all 360 pounds of them.

I've got to make sure I'm not hosing myself before I buy the transformer, so I'm asking some questions.

the input and output of these units is 220/240/250. No sweat, most any PS takes 240- the output is not a problem

I simply have to use a step up transformer to power these puppies (okay,t o power *one*, at least for now) and I need to figure out the plan. I mean, I'm not going to try and use a 250watt transformer, here. But I'm a bit lost on whether I need a 1kw or a 2kw or what?  the thing I can say for sure is that I have some 10A fuses onboard, and the *outlet* for the power in is rated 16A at 250V (not the *unit*, the outlet)

I'm having a real hard time tracking down more numbers on this, but assuming I can run this on a 100 res circuit at all, how much do I absolutely have to buy in a transformer?

and damn, i wish I owned my own shack. of course, then I'd run DC.

-C