[rescue] another U10 Q

Big Endian biggie at 3geeks.org
Tue Jul 30 18:28:38 CDT 2002

>if a U10 has a SCSI card in it, cant the IDE drive be tossed and a system
>put on the SCSI drive to boot from?
>
>cant imagine any reason not..  other than addtl cost

That works fine.  The U10 also has other disadvantages compared to
the U30.  The memory isn't what most of us have (we have
sparc10/20/U1/U2/U30/U60/U80/E450 ram), the U5/10 takes 5V FPM parity
DIMMS.  The I/O is also slower than other systems of the same era
(AXi, U30) due to narrower/fewer busses.

daniel
"Yay aytch lich ... trurtreen oven prerkrershetch... naw lich luleven
... naw wush thrurteen..."
--"Thirteen fucking percosets?!?! Dude the most I ever ate was like
six. Holy shit."
"Aywhirr schmall."
--"What, like 5's?"
"Mm mm mm... mebee..."