[rescue] Cheap colocation

James Lockwood james at foonly.com
Mon Jul 29 12:42:22 CDT 2002

I'm in the process of working with the owner of a small ISP who is
interested in getting more money out of excess bandwidth, and one way to
do this is to offer colocation services.

This would be "midrange" colocation.  I define "high end" as above.net and
the like, and "low end" as a guy with a SDSL line and a spare room.  There
are 3 redundant T1's with a fair amount of spare bandwidth on each, backup
power (though not a backup generator), and there could potentially be
remote access serial console and backup services.

Downsides: no 24x7 physical support (more like 12x5 to begin with, and
then 18x7 if things took off).  Probably limited IP space, at least to
start.  Located in the middle of nowhere (central PA).  Upsides: cheap
(probably starting at around $50/mo + bandwidth).  Fairly standard terms
of service (no spamming, no network abuse).

Anyone who would be interested, drop me a line.

-James