Drive speed [was: Re: [rescue] What sucks.]

Koyote koyote at koyote.cx
Fri Jul 26 10:51:27 CDT 2002

> > Come to think of it, I wish I'd kept one of those.  6 Elite-47's in 4U
> > would make for nearly 300GB of space.

I've got a friend who is trying to sell me a 4bay encluse that will fit these for $80

that gives me approx $220 final price to assemble 188gig of disk. Which is a lot cheaper than spending $40 each to fill the e150 with 18gig drives. and it's just an MP3/files server, after all.
 I still think it would be fun to pop one into an ultra10 :)