Drive speed [was: Re: [rescue] What sucks.]

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Thu Jul 25 20:12:26 CDT 2002

On Thu, Jul 25, 2002 at 08:33:19PM -0400, Dave McGuire wrote:
>   You've never seen a 5.25" full-height drive?  Why do I find that
> difficult to believe?

I had fun dissasembling an 8" rackmount (IPI?) hard drive I got with
a VAXstation II back in '97.  (the shock-tolerance tattle was definitely
all red).

It took two weeks, fiddling with it when I was on the phone, had spare
time, etc.  Talk about BEAUTIFUL.  Machined aluminum everywhere, etc.

That drive ended up turning into clocks for most of the tech support
staff, paperweights, etc.  It was just *pretty*.

Bill

--
bill bradford       /       mrbill at mrbill.net       /       austin, texas