[rescue] Hippi switch

Shawn Wallbridge swallbridge at franticfilms.com
Thu Jul 25 12:54:54 CDT 2002

Joshua D Boyd wrote:

>On Thu, Jul 25, 2002 at 12:27:14PM -0500, Shawn Wallbridge wrote:
>

>>I bid on it as a joke, but the joke could be on me. No I don't have any
>>HIPPI stuff.
>>
>>Maybe I can get a PCI HIPPI card for my machine, I wonder if they have
>>drivers for Windows 2000 (Dave's head should be exploding right about now).
>>

>I'm sure they should have w2k drivers for some HIPPI card.  After all,
>there has to be some studio insisting that their film scanner talks to
>the NT machine.
>

>>Honestly, I have no idea what I would do with it if I win. Probably sell
>>it to someone on the list.
>>

>Dave M. was expressing interest, and may be intending to snipe you.

When I checked (after it was posted to the list) Dave's bid was at $1. I
figured I would bid $20. I was surprised to find that he had only bid
$1.25. I really don't care if I win. I was just doing it as a joke.

I kind of expected it to go for multiple hundreds (but what do I know).
If I win, Dave is welcome to buy it off my for whatever I win it for.

shawn