[rescue] Re: how to utilize multiple tape drives in the

dave at cca.org dave at cca.org
Mon Jul 22 19:07:56 CDT 2002

mcguire at neurotica.com writes:

>  Second, I'd sooner peel up my fingernails than have to fsck a 500GB
>filesystem.

>  Now, this is an "old" attitude; many newer filesystem technologies
>(i.e. logging filesystems) don't require fscking, and are much MUCH
>more resilient in the face of a system crash...but many folks seem to
>think that means they're impervious to ANY sort of failure, and can
>never become corrupted.  This is simply not true.

I've been really intruiged by the possibilities of filesystems
designed for particular types of traffic & file size. Apparently
it can be a *huge* win, but I haven't seen much about real-world
use.

------ David Fischer ------- dave at cca.org ------- http://www.cca.org -------
---------- "Anything Jesus can do, I can do better." - The Locust ----------