[rescue] Workers of the World, Unite!

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Jul 22 14:55:41 CDT 2002

~ The best sound I've heard so far (other than live) was from a set of
~ infinities.  They had dual drivers, a tweater, and a ribbon in each
~ speaker.  They were very impressive.  They were powered by a tube
~ power amp of some sort, with the audio coming off of a very high end
~ Sony CD player[1].  The high end clarity of the sound was good.  Maybe
~ I'd have hated them if I'd spent more than 3 minutes with them though.

Ohm dude. They had a system they called the Walsch Transmission Line Driver
(some other name now). Its something like a very long (deep?) cone that may
be slit up the side. The cone points down and your sound energy is radiated
from the sides of the cone. It was many years ago when I first heard one
(pricey at $1500 each). Sounds better than anything I've ever heard, and
having worked for Bose in their engineering labs I've heard a few. They are
still in biz, but mostly custom ordered/built.

I did own a pair of Ohm C2's, they were lovely (master/slave cone 3-way
system).