[rescue] microvax 3x00

R. Lonstein rlonstein at pobox.com
Mon Jul 22 13:10:10 CDT 2002

A friend snagged two Microvax 3x00's decommissioned from work. When he
returns next month I'll receive one, so I don't know the exact model
yet. He was certain it was a Microvax and not a Vaxstation and guessed
it was from the early 1990's.

Questions...
    * In general, what am I in for with this? Worth tinkering with?
    * What's the preferred OS (OpenVMS?)? I found the OpenVMS hobbyist
      site on Compaq. Can you get ISOs?
    * What will parts- HD, RAM- assuming I need them, run me?
    * Any tricks to running the thing headless?

- Ross

(yes, I accidentally sent this first to geeks)