[rescue] Workers of the World, Unite!

Scott Newell newell at cei.net
Mon Jul 22 12:38:20 CDT 2002

>Thats bad.  More ohms means it draws less power.  Impedance
>mismatches are bad in signal evironments because a fraction of the
>signal will bounce back off the mismatch.  I forget the exact math on
>this one.  Dave?

Well, let's not get carried away here.  Impedance matching isn't an issue
in _most_ audio amp/speaker circuits (the great majority of output stages
approximate a very low impedance voltage source at relevant audio
frequencies, and speakers are almost never constant impedance over the
audio bandwidth anyway).  I guess if you had really long lines...

This is so far off-topic I probably shouldn't have said anything in the
first place.  I'll stop now.

newell