[rescue] Workers of the World, Unite!

Kris Kirby kris at catonic.net
Mon Jul 22 09:13:03 CDT 2002

On Mon, 22 Jul 2002, Joshua D Boyd wrote:
> I like the clock in the new infinities (analog).  But, my Nissan
> didn't have any clock.

oh.

> > I build a `sub' from a cardboard box and two 10-ohm 6x9's from my wrecked
> > 1987 Buick Lesabre.
>
> Was it any good?  Aren't car speakers usually supposed to only be 4 ohms?

GM, go figure. It's OK, up until it starts rattling because of the power +
frequency. My next sub will be a folded horn. I am seriously thinking
about building a folded horn for a 6x9 or 8" (or 10") speaker as a sub in
the back of the Sentra. This single largest problem is that I'd have to
cut a hole in the back deck for the `breather' hole. That or build a
folded horn beneath the existing 5" speakers on the back deck.

> > The 2500 is not a remoteable radio.
>
> Not even if you attached leads to all controlls with a soldering iron?

The interconnects between the radio head are all SMT-sided flexible wire.
IIRC, the top board of the radio (some minor controls) interfaces with the
bottom board (RF deck, RX, TX) through the front plate.

--
Kris Kirby, KE4AHR  <kris at nospam.catonic.net>  TGIFreeBSD IM: 'KrisBSD'
                    "BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU!"