[rescue] misc old Sun resources

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Sun Jul 21 20:09:42 CDT 2002

On Sun, Jul 21, 2002 at 07:16:30PM -0500, Leslie Connally wrote:
> It finaly came to my area a few months ago (PDG cabinet) but the thought of
> being so wedded to SWBell still gives me the willies..

I switched to SWBell DSL about a month ago, and surprisingly, I've never
been *happier* with any ISP I used.

I've got a /29 of static IPs, they delegated reverse DNS to my
nameserver, the DNS guys there have clue; they installed the
basic service (PPPoE; before I upgraded to statics) on a Monday
(i'd ordered it the previous Wednesday).

It Just Works.  I havent had any outages, anything like that, and
get consistent 140-150K down, and 18-20K up. (1.5M/128K)

Prior to this I used Time Warner (Roadrunner) cablemodem for a year
or so, and before that, I had ADSL from a local ISP (Jump.Net) with the
circuit provided by SWBell (it was a separate circuit, not "piggybacked"
on my existing phone line like it is now).

Bill

--
bill bradford       /       mrbill at mrbill.net       /       austin, texas