[rescue] misc old Sun resources

Leslie Connally lesliec at theplanet.com
Sun Jul 21 19:16:30 CDT 2002

Here in a city of >1 million, in the city that the mayor touts as 'world
class' cause theres a monet in Ft Worth and the airport runway is a
gazillion thousand feet long so we deserve the olympics..  SWBell COs are
few and far between, most everyone is farther than 15000 feet from them and
digital PairGain cabinets being installed VERY VERY slowly since
Covad/Rhythms/etc went bust.

So startlingly, DSL is NOT that easy to get :-(  My friend had better luck
in his tiny town of 500 cause noone was farther from the CO than 2000 feet.

re dave's Q:
>  Are you in a bad area for connectivity or something, or is it just a
>low spending priority?

It finaly came to my area a few months ago (PDG cabinet) but the thought of
being so wedded to SWBell still gives me the willies..

Les