[rescue] misc old Sun resources

Tim H. lists at pellucidar.net
Sun Jul 21 16:48:01 CDT 2002

On Sun, 21 Jul 2002 12:26:17 -0400
Dave McGuire <mcguire at neurotica.com> wrote:

>   Really, folks.  Computers don't get slower with time.  With the
> exception of MP3 playing and video hacking, have our applications for
> our machines really changed all that much since, say, the IPX was new?
> Note that by "applications" I mean "reading email" or "writing code",
> not "playing around with KDE" which can tank all but the very fastest
> of systems.
>
>        -Dave

Yeah, something changed, I want 115.2 async serial, and and IPX hasn't
got it.  That gripe aside, is there an sbus serial card available that I
could put in an IP[XC] so I can use it as my dial up box (IP masq,
firewall)?  It is such a nice form factor, and completely big enough for
this task, but the serial problem stops me.  Is there a third party
mainboard for this form factor with decent serial?

Tim