[rescue] misc old Sun resources

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Sun Jul 21 16:46:24 CDT 2002

> On 2002.07.21 18:26 Dave McGuire wrote:
>
>   Really, folks.  Computers don't get slower with time.  With the
> exception of MP3 playing and video hacking, have our applications for
> our machines really changed all that much since, say, the IPX was new?
> Note that by "applications" I mean "reading email" or "writing code",
> not "playing around with KDE" which can tank all but the very fastest
> of systems.

Damn straight!

People wonder why I rather have old Unix boxen, rather than the latest
multi-Ghz Athlon/Intel/whatever.  Besides the fact that I get it almost for
free, that is...
--
Kurt                   "What me look like, ricecake monster?
kurt at k-huhn.com         Me Cookie Monster!  Me need COOKIE!" --Cookie Monster