[rescue] Getting SRM for Alphastation?

Mike Johnson mike at enoch.org
Sat Jul 20 23:49:20 CDT 2002

Linc Fessenden [linc at thelinuxlink.net] wrote:

> I happen to have the same machine Mike and also have the manual for it :-)

It's been a fun little box and has served me well over the years.
However, I'm about to cause it grevious bodily harm if it doesn't
co-operate.

> Anyhow, the manual says you need the firmware update cd (which I dont
> have).
> Set the flash rom enable jumper (f6), load the update cd, and at the Apu->
> prompt type update srm.  To exit the update util, power off for 20 secs..

I hever get this Apu prompt.  I've toggled the J6 jumper (it's
supposedly set to allow flashROM writes by default) and tried the update
both ways, but get the same results.

Hrm, I wonder where I get this CD.  Might anyone around here have a
copy?  Or know how much it might cost?

Thanks,
Mike
--
"Let the power of Ponch compel you!  Let the power of Ponch compel you!"
   -- Zorak on Space Ghost