[rescue] Noise levels

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Fri Jul 19 17:38:45 CDT 2002

On July 20, Stefan Skoglund wrote:
> > $500 in electric bills? A month??
> > What are you running? A Cray X-MP? :-)
>
> He lives in Texas with an really obsolete bit of
> airconditioning eq. A lot of americans do so (have
> old AC.)

  I agree with this...but $500/mo in power bills isn't unusual in this
crowd; big iron in the home is pretty common among these folks.

  Big old computers and big new computers...The former are cool and
will teach you a lot.  The latter are almost hypnotic in there
testicular factor.  But running both comes with a cost.  For many,
it's well worth it.

      -Dave