[rescue] intel vs. sun- for real

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Jul 19 12:21:29 CDT 2002

~ The problem is that the pointy hair wants "real" data. By
~ which I assume she means a word document or clickable link.
~ The volumes yet to be written, as it were :)

My pointy hair presents these problems also. He's non-technical and what he
does understand is limited to systems. He "aquired" me from a different
department this year and I cause him headaches when I start talking about
network performance (new words and strange references to numbers). He always
wants "real world examples" for things we haven't done yet and are pretty
advanced. I finally got pissed and said "you either have to trust that you
hired someone who knows his shit or you will need to hire a consultant who
probably knows shit". So far I've been let out on a long leash.