[rescue] I'm not an EE Q - 48 vdc followup (LONG)

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Jul 19 08:28:07 CDT 2002

~ -----Original Message-----
~ From: Patrick Giagnocavo +1.717.201.3366 [mailto:patrick at .zill.net]
~ Sent: Friday, July 19, 2002 9:07 AM
~ To: rescue at sunhelp.org
~ Subject: Re: [rescue] I'm not an EE Q - 48 vdc followup (LONG)
~
~ Hi James,
~
~ I have a bunch of Upsonic UPS's with 48VDC output.  The end that plugs
~ in to the UPS has two large round connectors set deep into the plastic
~ (about an inch of plastic before the contacts).  The other end is just
~ heavy duty wire.
~
~ Would these be sufficient to power one or more DC Netras?

I am willing to place a Vegas bet that those are for auxilliary batteries
and not for output. If the user manual says otherwise it will also tell you
the current draw it can supply. If its for batts, you probably would exceed
the charger output with even one Netra.