[rescue] I'm not an EE Q - clarification

Tim H. lists at pellucidar.net
Fri Jul 19 08:24:45 CDT 2002

On Fri, 19 Jul 2002 08:53:34 -0400
Kurt Huhn <kurt at k-huhn.com> wrote:

> I didn't get hurt, it was just an uncomfortable reminder to trace
> things back to the right fuse before mucking around with wiring...

I've done such things often enough that I always test, even after I know
I turned off the right fuse.
That reminds me of a remodeling project I helped a friend with.  We took
out a wall, which apparently had had wall sconce lights on it at some
point in history, so there were two wires hanging down a couple feet
from the ceiling, which we just batted out of the way etc, while we
worked.  After a while he was gonna cut them off, and I had an attack of
paranoia, so I tested them.  They were hot.  Just hanging there, cut
off, bare.  Old house wiring is the scariest stuff.

Tim