[rescue] I'm not an EE Q - clarification

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Jul 19 08:14:31 CDT 2002

~ That brings up the obvious next queston - how many of you
~ test 9v batteries by
~ placeing the contacts on your toungue?
~ --
~ Kurt                   "What me look like, ricecake monster?

I know some crufty old electricians who check 110/220 for liveness by
grabbing hot and neutral in one hand and feeling for the "buzz" (if you've
played with A/C long enough you'll know what the buzz is). Since they DID
make it to old age I guess it doesn't kill you, but I WOULDN'T TRY THIS AT
HOME KIDDIES!!