[rescue] Rescuers in Indiana and surrounding states (FW: Zapatista Computer Project)

CARL.P.HIRSCH at sargentlundy.com CARL.P.HIRSCH at sargentlundy.com
Wed Jul 17 09:54:00 CDT 2002

If you can help, please contact the email or phone number below. I'm
assuming commodity Macs and PCs with modems would be most helpful.

 -carl

     From: "la lucha para paz" <amanza78 at hotmail.com>
     To: s-books at yahoogroups.com, s-events at yahoogroups.com,
     solidaritybooks at yahoogroups.com
     Subject: Zapatista Computer Project
     Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 22:54:56 +0000

     Dear all,

     the zapatistas are updating and expanding their computer network. The
computers they
     use now are very very old and few and far between. In August a new
network will be
     being set up to link villagers in Chiapas and Zapatisitas that have moved
around
     Mexico, Central America, and the United States.

     WE NEED COMPUTERS!

     If you have an old computer (any age, and type) or computer equipment,
please
     consider donating it to this cause. I will be collecting the computers at
my home
     and they will be picked up at the end of July as the caravan heads south
to Mexico.
     I can come pick them up if you don't have a car.

     Please contact me, Gwen, if you can help.

     viva la causa,
     gwen
     822-5432 (317)