[rescue] DECstation 5000h

Patrick Giagnocavo +1.717.201.3366 patrick at .zill.net
Mon Jul 15 21:54:36 CDT 2002

On Mon, Jul 15, 2002 at 09:59:37PM -0500, Eric Dittman wrote:
> >   Agreed, but I did *see* it running on a couple of DS5000s.
>
> I believe you Dave, since engineers at DEC have admitted to
> working on a port themselves.  What I haven't seen anyone
> discuss is _WHY_ the port was dropped.  My guess is the
> work was diverted to getting NT working on the upcoming
> Alpha.

Of course, if there were engineers at DEC stupid enough to think that
MS was a company worth working with, then it kind of explains why DEC
is no longer in business and has been bought up by Carly's Folly Inc.

It was quite obvious to many that MS was not serious about breaking
away from Intel; it was just a feint.

./patrick