[rescue] Appropriate OS for Alpha?

Tim H. lists at pellucidar.net
Mon Jul 15 07:58:30 CDT 2002

On Sun, 14 Jul 2002 22:26:19 -0500 (CDT)
Eric Dittman <dittman at dittman.net> wrote:

> Besides, the *BEST* operating system for an Alpha is OpenVMS,
> esp. the larger ones that can operate as a Galaxy.
> --
> Eric Dittman

Well, I don't have an OS on it yet, suggestions are still being
accepted.  Does VMS support all the stuff in my original question?  I
have no problems learning a new OS, especially one I was just looking
for an excuse to learn anyway.  My gut feeling is I would not have many
stability problems with VMS, and I wouldn't have to remember whether it
was the xf86config script or config file that was capitilized.

Tim