[rescue] Bull Estrella Model 340.

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Mon Jul 15 05:34:48 CDT 2002

On Mon, Jul 15, 2002 at 11:29:56AM +0200, Marc Zyngier wrote:

> Last time I looked, NetBSD/Prep was still in its infancy...
It seams to be stable enough to be used (in non critical applications).
Remember: When the Linux folks say it is ready for prime time, the
NetBSD people still say it is expermental and are doing more and more
testing.

> (ok, there were a lot of gory details to take care of, but I
> sorted it out finally).
Linux on non-PeeCee hardware...

> I'm running Linux on a 7248-120 (aka 43P-120), and I'm quite happy
> with it
[...]
> Nice machine, powerfull enough for most things, and *silent* !
Yes. We are using some of our 43P-100 with Debian as server at the
Unix-AG. (We have 12 machines, but riped some of them to get more
disk and RAM for other machines like our Indigo R4k...)
--

tsch,
         Jochen