[rescue] Tektronix XP350 & IRIX questions

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Jul 14 22:46:24 CDT 2002

on 7/14/02 10:15 PM, Jonathan C. Patschke at jp at celestrion.net wrote:

> On Sun, 14 Jul 2002, Torquil MacCorkle, III wrote:
>
>> In IRIX 6.5 when it displays the graphical login GUI, it now displays all
>> the accounts on the system instead of just root, EZSetup, and guest.. I
>> changed something and I am unsure of what. Any ideas?
>
> That's the default setup.  To change it, log in as root (you can just type
> "root" in the username blank, you don't have to double-click an icon),
> and, from the toolchest, select System->System Manager.  Click "Security
> and Access Control"; then click "Configure Login Window".

I could've sworn that it only had a few accounts when i first booted up...
but of course, it was installed from a "Clean IRIX install tape" which had
IP addresses set and a NFS server running... so it might not have been so
clean..

Thanks for the help though, it worked! :)

--
Thanks,
Torquil MacCorkle, III