[rescue] Have I erred? (SGI division)

Sheldon T. Hall shel at cmhcsys.com
Sat Jul 13 15:36:02 CDT 2002

Folks-

I decided to get with the Sun Rescue program and rescue an SGI today ...
would anyne care to tell me what I did?

I got a teal-cased Indigo2 with 200 MHz R4400, 80 MB RAM and Extreme
graphics and a GDM20D11 monitor.  The computer has no drives or drive sleds,
but the seller is going to give me one HD sled.  I also have to provide my
own PS/2 keyboard (got plenty), mouse (got plenty) and video cable.

As you might expect, I have a few questions....

Will a Sun 13w3 video cable work?
Will this monitor work on a Sun LX? On a typical PC?

Will this box boot from my Sun-bootable Plexstor 32X, 68-pin SCSI CD-ROM
drive?

Does it want 50-pin or 68-pin SCSI internal drives?

If the seller doesn't provide a sled, will the Indigo2 work with just an
external SCSI HD, none internal?

He's offered me a choice between IRIX 6.2 and 6.5 ... which should I choose?

If it's teal, why do they call it Indigo?

Thanks.

-Shel