[rescue] IBM hard disk (was: can't get support...)

Jonathan Eisch jeisch at boku.net
Fri Jul 12 23:19:20 CDT 2002

On 7/12/02 10:15 PM, "Michael Hansen" <n7pgz at eudoramail.com> wrote:
\> perfect sense - Dell needed to get rid of their
> defective inventory, and this one might not
> fail until his warranty has expired.
>
> One more reason why I will never buy another
> PeeCee.

I wouldn't buy one from dell either.  I have a small company that sells PCs,
among other things.  We'll build a system with whatever brand hard drive the
customer wants (if they don't ask for anything specific, it's either Seagate
or WD, but that's what everyone picks anyway)  We provide warranty, if the
drive goes bad, we'll replace it with another brand or model.

Sometimes people have to get PCs, I sell them like how I'd like to buy them,
and support them like my own.  It's still a PC, but it doesn't need to act
like one.

-Jonathan