[rescue] Q: moving medium heavy things

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Fri Jul 12 08:53:00 CDT 2002

On Fri, Jul 12, 2002 at 06:29:02AM -0700, James Lockwood wrote:
> Reminds me of a moment about four years ago, racking E450s three high in a
> freestanding (though bolted to the floor) rack.  It took four of us to get
> the top ones in.
> I had to pull the top ones out a few times for servicing, and the manner
> in which the slide rails gently arched did not help my confidence.

I'd been at $JOB for about 3 months, when a coworker asked me to help him
lift a 450 (with rackmount kit) into a rack.

No problem, I said.  We got it in quickly.

That evening, my wrists started burning.  I thought "too much time on the
keyboard".  They still hurt in the morning.

Went to doctor.

"You've sprained the tendons in your wrists."

Two weeks of wrist braces.  HARD AS HELL to type with those on.  I took
2 days off work and refuse to rack anything bigger than an E250 by myself
nowdays. 8-)

Bill

--
Bill Bradford