[rescue] AXi Third-Party SCSI

James Lockwood james at foonly.com
Fri Jul 12 08:25:50 CDT 2002

On Thu, 11 Jul 2002, Eric Dittman wrote:

> Okay, I got the case for the AXi yesterday, and put everything
> together tonight.  I tried a couple of my 53C875 cards and
> OpenBoot couldn't see it.

Which cards?  What did you get from show-devs and .properties in the OBP
device node?

Cards built on the Symbios reference design (Diamond Fireport 40 Dual,
original Symbios 8751SP, CSC 53c875 cards, etc) will work and are
bootable.  Cards with a broken nonref design (Diamond single, almost all
Tekram cards, etc) will not.

Bruce Adler is the author of the majority of the glm driver code. you can
find him on comp.unix.solaris if you have some really weird questions.
Deja is also filled with examples on which cards work and which don't.

-James [has a couple for sale/trade btw]