[rescue] Good-Bad Support Stories (Accuride)

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Thu Jul 11 22:22:10 CDT 2002

On Thu, Jul 11, 2002 at 09:44:23PM -0500, Leslie Connally wrote:
> TEN ++++ !!
> Accuride  (Cabinet Drawer Slides (& Rack Mount Equipment)?!)
> I'll spare you my rant about auctions selling equipment, and leaving half
> the rack rail in the cabinet (sold separately) and leaving half on the
> equipment
> GGRRR!!
> So I emailed Accuride about IDing a rail half I had w/ measurements. ASCII
> drawings of cross-section etc..
> And Damn if they didnt CALL ME DIRECTLY on the phone, and they COULDNT HAVE
> BEEN NICER!

Same with SharkRack (www.sharkrack.com).  I had a couple of their U30/U60
rackmounting kits, but the screws/nuts needed to put the slide rail together
had been lost of the kit between the time we got it and the time I needed
to use it.

I called them up... Five minutes later, I was on the phone with the guy
who had DESIGNED THE KIT.

Him: "We can overnight you a set of those screws, if you want"

Me: "Nah, not worth it - just tell me the specs, and I"ll go to Home Depot
     and grab them myself; maybe five bucks worth of parts"

Him: "Cool, that will save both of us time and money.  You want <specs>
      machine screws with <blah> nuts and lock washers..."

A week later, he sent me an entire bag full of the screws/nuts in question
(I hadnt asked for them) along with two copies of the assembly/installation
manual, and a handwritten "thank you for using our stuff" note.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net