[rescue] Good-Bad Support Stories (my friend Interphase)

Leslie Connally lesliec at theplanet.com
Thu Jul 11 21:30:42 CDT 2002

George wrote:
>Mightyfine experience if you ask me...

> You forgot Interphase. 8-)
>
> "You can have those drivers for those cards, you'll need a service
> contract, that will be $6K.. Oh yeah, and we wont tell you they're
> available via anon ftp off our ftp site.."

That was actually my story I shared with Bill, trying to DL drivers for the
5526s he had.

I can cc you the email I got from Interphase.
They really DID want $6000 for a support contract... and DL access.
When I told him, "thanks but no thanks, I;ll just buy an QLogic card !"
they emailed later and attached two drivers. Linux & NT.. Never mentioned
the ftp site (which google found for me anyway) or other utilities. I guess
they figured I was an easy mark for enterprise support... something about
my POP email address or something

So my experience was different. Glad yours went better!

Les