[rescue] Q: moving medium heavy things

William Enestvedt Will.Enestvedt at jwu.edu
Thu Jul 11 08:33:16 CDT 2002

>   [Warehouse roofs are] weak if they're cheaply constructed.

   Also, I understand that many plant roofs are intended to blow off in the
event of a disaster without crushing everything below them, as a heavy roof
would if it collapsed.
   Which reminds me: has anyone here ever read "To Engineer is Human"? It's
an account of the engineering lessons learned from disasters like the Tacoma
Narrows Bridge, the Kansas City hotel pedestrian bridge that collapsed, etc.
Kind of a scary read...
-wde
--
Will Enestvedt