[rescue] cheap gps for time reference

Amy scoobydoo at ohno.mrbill.net
Wed Jul 10 13:09:32 CDT 2002

On Wed, 10 Jul 2002, David Passmore wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 05, 2002 at 03:34:25PM -0500, Amy wrote:
> > On Fri, 5 Jul 2002, Dave McGuire wrote:
> > >   The latter...except it's more like 1/3 pay.  $3K/mo is about twenty
> > > bucks more than my bills. :-(
> >
> > That might as well be slave wages, Dave :/ Now I'm worried.
>
> Slave wages? If that's after taxes, that's hardly slave wages.

St. Pete isn't inexpensive. That's slave wages for the lovely
taxed-state of Florida, especially when his bills run about the same as
ours (only different stuff). IMO it's also far below what he's worth, but
in his situation I think his boss is doing the best he can given the
scenerio that's going on.

It's a worry because there's no room or leeway for emergencies or being
able to put cash back.

--a