[rescue] VRE01/VT1200 pictures

James Lockwood james at foonly.com
Wed Jul 10 09:01:46 CDT 2002

On Wed, 10 Jul 2002, Bjorn Ramqvist wrote:

> Dave McGuire wrote:
> >
> > > the Sun type-5 optical set to 4800bps with teflon replacing the felt pads.
> >
> >   Yes speeding them up is a VERY nice improvement.  At first I was
> > skeptical; I figured the pointer tracking bottlenecks were really in
> > the X server...but when I tried it for the first time I was amazed.
>
> Never heard of this one before. Care to shed some light at it?

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=2hex4.30%24534.1629%40news.pacbell.net

Came up with it about 3 years ago in a fit of optimism (it didn't hurt
that I had a dozen extra type-5 mice at the time).  The optomechanical
type-5 tweak was figured out just by staring at the FEH, the optical took
more work.  Type-5 only.

-James