[rescue] Re: Of mice and men

roosmcd at dds.nl roosmcd at dds.nl
Wed Jul 10 06:10:09 CDT 2002

> 	http://www.bell-labs.com/user/dwd/5620.jpg
>
> 	http://www.bell-labs.com/user/dwd/5620faq.html

 Aha, so that's where my mouse really came from. I don't think Smaky had red
mice.

> It's not compatible with a normal PC-style serial mouse, but I believe
> it is a type of serial interface (perhaps the protocol is different)....
>
> I just realized I have one on the top of the filing cabinet behind
> me....  the manufacturer is Dpraz, and it's a "Type D 83 / P".  It's
> not exactly a half-sphere -- the sides are flat to accomodate grasping
> it with your thumb and pinky finger.  Inside the back-side of the PCB
> says "DEPRAZ MOUSE TYPE P".  It's a marvel of design and construction
> inside and out!

 Yes, I opened it up and it's the exactly same here. There are only two IC's on
the PCB and a handfull of other components. I haven't looked up the IC's, but
since they are from the 74xx series, it probably isn't a serial interface. But
since there are few components in this thing, it's easy to make a schematic.

  greetings,
    Michiel