[rescue] Sun2 update

jwbirdsa at picarefy.com jwbirdsa at picarefy.com
Tue Jul 9 19:50:01 CDT 2002

>Ahh sorry, I was thinking more in terms of card *ordering*

   Yeah. I have no evidence that order makes any difference as long as
everything is in the correct P2 segment, although the CPU board may have
P2 termination in it and need to be to the left of any memory cards.
Sun's matrix definitely recommends an order, but I suspect that's "supported"
rather than "works". Still, there's no harm in following the recommendations
if there's no good reason not to.

   I wish I had time to get a 2/120 going. One of my goals (besides having
off-site DNS) is to have an authoritative DNS server on each of my segments
so that I can take any one segment down (for dustbunny patrol or
network upgrade or whatever) without losing anything but the services on
that segment. A 2/120 with 7M and multiple NICs would be a pretty good
candidate for that, it should cope better than the unexpanded 3/50s that
I've been using.

   --James B.

P.S.: Hey, I'm caught up with the list finally! :)