[rescue] Minimal "GUI"s (was: VRE01/VT1200 pictures)

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Tue Jul 9 17:21:04 CDT 2002

On Tue, 9 Jul 2002, Steve Sandau wrote:

> A GUI is still the best way I know of to run something and tail a log or
> whatever in another window. Also an easy way to keep a dozen or so
> ssh/telnet sessions open at once.

Back when I used OSF/1, there was this neat program called "window" that
was a lot like screen except that you could have each terminal running in
a overlapped window rather than switching between apps "full screen".

Is something like that available anywhere else?  I liked being able to
have a compile or download running in a tiny window at the top, while my
main application (lynx, pine, etc.) was running below.

> A GUI also looks much nicer on 19" monitors than text. :)

Sounds like you need some color text at 132x50 to lighten up your life. :)

--Jonathan