[rescue] cheap gps for time reference

Brian Dunbar Brian.Dunbar at plexus.com
Tue Jul 9 09:20:37 CDT 2002

-----Original Message-----
From: Kris Kirby [mailto:kris at catonic.net]
Sent: Monday, July 08, 2002 7:44 PM
To: rescue at sunhelp.org
Subject: RE: [rescue] cheap gps for time reference

> We've discussed that.  There isn't, as far as we can tell, any stigmata
> attached to it - he doesn't merit any special attention from the special
Ed,
> aside from our yearly meeting, and we should avoid that this year, for
some
> obscure reason I don't pretend to understand.  It does give him access to
> the CMC, which is something EVERY kid should have access to, IMHO.

We didn't have a CMC. If we did, the librarians didn't do anything with it
or let anyone know it was there.

<CMC (Content Mastery Class) is the one of the things (IMHO) that the
Special Ed folks do right - my wife ran CMC for two years in Dallas, and
before that in Oklahaoma.  The kids 'enrolled' in SE have a free pass to
check out of the class they are in and use CMC to catch up, have things
explained so THEY understand.  The standard issue teacher with 20+ kids
can't always provide individual help, CMC bridges the gap.  You've got to be
a smart cookie to run an effective CMC - or at least be able to look up the
answers.  I wish I'd had access to something like that.

Run right, it can be a fun place - the antithesis of an industrial
classroom.

~brian>