[rescue] Another Reason Windows Sucks

ssandau at bath.tmac.com ssandau at bath.tmac.com
Tue Jul 9 08:14:46 CDT 2002

> > I would *run* from Windows X-PeePee as fast as possible. My limited
> > experience suggests it's the ultimate in
> > I'm-smarter-than-you-are-and-I'm-out-to-prove-it software, and follows
> > in the eat-up-all-the-system-resources Windows tradition. And don't get
> > me started on sound cards...
>
> You do know that you can shut a lot of that XP crap off, don't
> you?

Actually, I didn't specifically. It makes sense since you can turn off
some of the "extras" in 98, like the animations and such.

I was turned off enough by my first installation and by my co-workers'
swearing at it that I didn't waste a lot of time with it.

Maybe it's time to try again on some day when I'm feeling strong. ;)

--
Steve Sandau, IS Technician
ssandau at bath.tmac.com
TMA Bath Maine