[rescue] Another Reason Windows Sucks

ssandau at bath.tmac.com ssandau at bath.tmac.com
Tue Jul 9 08:00:40 CDT 2002

I would *run* from Windows X-PeePee as fast as possible. My limited
experience suggests it's the ultimate in
I'm-smarter-than-you-are-and-I'm-out-to-prove-it software, and follows
in the eat-up-all-the-system-resources Windows tradition. And don't get
me started on sound cards...

I'd go back to win2k if you have to have windows. Even then you have to
deal with a fsked-up network configuration and "My Network Places." I
really hate using software written for 5-year-old users. At least in
windows terms it is relatively stable.

(Personally, my one Windoze box at home has 95, and my
need-it-to-sign-in-and-out Windows box at work is NT.)