SAT Scores (was: [rescue] re: gps and mac&cheese, et al.)

Michael Hansen n7pgz at eudoramail.com
Tue Jul 9 00:29:23 CDT 2002

>On Mon, 8 Jul 2002, Loomis, Rip wrote:
>> Hmm...anyone else here take the SATs in 5th - 7th grade?

Yup. 7th grade, which would have been c. 1992
or '93.

It was part of the same CTY thing Josh
mentioned. It Johns-Hopkins sponsored it,
and the classes getting a favorable score
allowed you to take were held on the
University of Washington campus for the
Seattle area. I took two classes, one in
physical geography and one in debate. My
SAT verbal was the only one high enough
for the program, so I couldn't take math
or the real science classes.

They had NCD X terminals in the library,
I remember.

---
Mike Hansen, AC7UR

"No Microsoft "software" is allowed to enter my
home. I believe in proper engineering, using
the right tool for the job, and quality software..."
-Dave McGuire