[rescue] Another Reason Windows Sucks

Eric Dittman dittman at dittman.net
Mon Jul 8 22:20:57 CDT 2002

> > Why?  Because it sucks, that's why.
>
>   Yes.
>
> > If I didn't have to have Windows loaded on the laptop I'd
> > load something else.
>
>   So...why?

Because I have to use a VPN client that is Windows-only.  The
rest of the time the laptop just has telnet windows, a browser,
and an X server running.  Sometimes a VAX emulator, too.  The
screen is UXGA, so I have plenty of room on the screen.

Actually, there is a version of the VPN client (Cisco, BTW)
that is supposed to work under Linux, but I find it tends
to hang the system hard.  The network guys won't bother
opening a support request with Cisco on the problem as "we
only support Windows".

Bleah.
--
Eric Dittman