[rescue] dumpster-diving news ($35,000)

Chris Hedemark chris at yonderway.com
Mon Jul 8 21:31:34 CDT 2002

On Mon, 2002-07-08 at 22:17, Phil Brutsche wrote:

> In my experience many Macs that take SDRAM need low-profile DIMMs,
> otherwise you'll never get the case closed again (without taking the
> memory out, of course).

And I've got a bunch of Macs that appear on the surface to take SDRAM,
but when you actually try it doesn't work that way.  It is really just
EDO RAM on a DIMM board.  The notches on the board are slightly off of
what you would typically see on SDRAM.

Unfortunately I don't come across this sort of memory much, and when I
do it is always in 8M or 16M strips.

IBM PC 330 and IBM PC 350 models with early pentium processors used
compatible RAM if you find that you have an EDO DIMM loving Mac.