[rescue] cheap gps for time reference

Brian Dunbar Brian.Dunbar at plexus.com
Mon Jul 8 15:43:00 CDT 2002

-----Original Message-----
From: Chad Fernandez [mailto:fernande at internet1.net]
Sent: Monday, July 08, 2002 3:29 PM
To: rescue at sunhelp.org
Subject: Re: [rescue] cheap gps for time reference

Brian Dunbar wrote:
> Of course, NOW (even as he goes into the 9th grade, he's, per state law,
in
> Special Ed.  Doesn't mean much, we have to meet with his Special Education
> team yearly at the beginning of term, he's 'mainstreamed'.>
>
> BrianD

State law?? Just becasue he has/is ADD?  What state do you live in?

Chad Fernandez
Michigan, USA

Texas.  Not the ADD per se but becasue he also had 'learning problem' 3rd
and 4th grade.  The goal is laudable, if the results are not.  "They" don't
want anyone to fall through the cracks so ... everone gets a protective
umbrella, needed or not.

There were other issues that sent him over the cliff.  A messy divorce.  An
abusive mom (no, not my wife, my beta-wife).

I'm amblivlent about the whole thing.  I had similar problems in the 4th/5th
grades, I'd stare off into space, read books under my desk while class was
in session - kinda zoning off into my own world.  I got a good swat (quite
the attention getter!), some time talking to the counsler, and that was
pretty much that.

BrianD