[rescue] cheap gps for time reference

Amy scoobydoo at ohno.mrbill.net
Mon Jul 8 12:49:25 CDT 2002

On Mon, 8 Jul 2002, Chris Petersen wrote:
> Got to agree with this one.  Switching from public to private school in 8th
> grade did wonders for my *education*, and did give me a group of friends
> that I had more in common with.

I went from private to public in 10th grade (I stayed too long). I don't
think I even owned a pair of jeans until I was 16..and I have nightmares
to this day due to those plaid skirts we had to wear.

> Christian college-prep school complete with dress code (not uniforms).  It's
> amazing how quickly kids figure out even within the limits of a dress code
> how to emphasize their parents "status" in life.

I can remember kids wearing Rolex's, different shoes, jewelry, etc.

> 1) Students there for a good education whose parents are scraping by because
> they feel it's a worthwhile opportunity for their child...

Taking out 2nd and sometimes 3rd mortgages in order to pay tuition fees. I
think my parents were still paying them off as of only 5 years ago
(tuition at my school when i was in 7th grade was 10k for day and had
jumped to 20k by the time I left).

--a