[rescue] cheap gps for time reference

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Mon Jul 8 11:14:39 CDT 2002

Dave McGuire wrote:
>   What you mentioned is a case in point.  Kids are so angry and
> fucked-in-the-head that they start bringing guns to school...so we
> increase the security in the schools to keep them from getting the
> guns inside.  Does this seem a bit wrong to anyone else?  The
> *problem* remains, but they just can't get their guns into the schools
> anymore.

It's a classic example of everything that happens in modern life.  Throw down
some quick fixes and proclaim the problem solved.  You're truck track bar fails
at 30k miles, so you replace it thinking nothing about *why* it failed.  30k
later, you replace it again, and again at another 30k.  ATTENTION DODGE - FIX
THE FUCKING DESIGN!!!  Sorry...got carried away...

Anyway, US citizens are typically the type that enjoy instant gratification.
Security checkpoints at school entrances *seem* to work in the short term.
However, that kid, if he wants to, will still take down his target - just
probably not on school grounds.  *That* is what escapes most people.

I dare say that better participation in the lives of kids by parents could
solve most (not all, that's virtually impossible) of the more serious problems
prevelant in society.  There is no quick fix, and parenting is hard fucking
work.  It also doesn't take a fucking village, despite what some people would
have you believe...

Ugh, I could go on, but I'll stop here...
--
Kurt                   "What me look like, ricecake monster?
kurt at k-huhn.com         Me Cookie Monster!  Me need COOKIE!" --Cookie Monster