[rescue] cheap gps for time reference

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Mon Jul 8 10:40:19 CDT 2002

On July 8, Eric Dittman wrote:
> Today a SWAT team would probably take him out before he got
> to his locker.

  We must "PROTECT THE CHILDREN!" ...the rallying cry for people who
don't have anything better to do and need something to whine about.

  The other day, I mentioned a Big Problem that is (I theorized) the
root of many of the problems that we gripe about: people not thinking
for themselves.  I further theorize that this has resulted in another
[just as big] problem: a society whose idea of "taking action" is to
treat the symptom instead of the problem.

  What you mentioned is a case in point.  Kids are so angry and
fucked-in-the-head that they start bringing guns to school...so we
increase the security in the schools to keep them from getting the
guns inside.  Does this seem a bit wrong to anyone else?  The
*problem* remains, but they just can't get their guns into the schools
anymore.

        -Dave