[rescue] Re: Free: Heath PDP-11-compatible 8" dual-drive unit

Kevin Loch kloch at gurunet.net
Mon Jul 8 10:24:17 CDT 2002

I used to have a couple of RACET brand disk
cabinets.  One had an 8" 160MB drive
that looked like a FH drive on steroids.
I'm guessing it was SMD (two ribbon cables
connected to it, one larger than the other).
Inside the unit was a (smd)<-> SASI adaptor board.
The cabinet had a 2 row db50 connector, matching
that of the SASI isa cards that came with it.

The other unit had the same electronics but a physically
large ~450MB vertically mounted drive unit.

KL